Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 91

These haven't been an easy last couple of days, but T and I are truly blessed.  Last night my dad was rushed to the ER after collapsing and not being able to get up.  They ran CT scans, but can't find any sign of a stroke.  He is still not feeling well and resting at home, but I was able to tell him I love him.  We weren't close growing up.  In fact, things were really tough, but I shed some tears today and realized I am not ready to say goodbye. 

This is a man who called the missionaries from the phone book in his late twenties and asked them if he could come to their church.  Who does that?  He was the only member of the church in his family.  A convert.  A pioneer.  He was a packer in the High Sierras, a CEO, a sculptor, a pacemaker keeps him alive, a veteran, a writer, a poet,  he buys all of my mom's clothes and has the fashion sense second to none, a dancer, plays several instruments, and the best grandfather in the world.  Oh, and did I mention he's funny? 

I still owe you a movie, Dad.  I love you.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad he's doing better now. I hope they figure out what's wrong. I know how difficult it is to lose your father.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cow! I'm glad he's okay and continues to recover!

    ReplyDelete