Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 14

Word count: 1880

Want to keep going, but too tired.  102 pages down.  I'm worried.  The first pages are great, the characters are sharp and now they seem different.  It's like doing a paint treatment in a room and stopping one day and starting the next day.  There's going to be an uneven line or at least you are going to see where you ended off and then where you started again.  I learned at my writing conference to leave bread crumbs so I remembered what I had been writing the day before, but my characters seem so different to me now than they did at the beginning.

I write scene by scene but not necessarily in order.  Editing this is going to be tough.  I don't know what I'm doing.   The bad guy in this story is so multifaceted.  He is capable of great evil, but I am not convinced he's evil.  I know that sounds strange.  I hope the ending surprises me like in my short stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment