Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 171

Tomorrow I turn 36.  I still feel like when I say that number it doesn't really belong to me.  Like I'm just saying some random number.  What does being 36 mean anyway?  It's really no different than 35, than 23, than 19, other than I have a bit more experience and flab under my belt.  Inside I feel just the same only that now I'm supposed to be more serious and mature and be in charge/control of my own life.  I guess I don't really know what it's supposed to mean, other than I'm glad I've been here for all this time and I like myself more now and feel more comfortable in my own skin more than at any other time in my life.  35 was a good year, maybe a half way mark where in a lot of ways I felt as if I "got" a few things.  I'm nothing if not a late bloomer, so the fact that it took that long makes a great deal of sense to me.   It's a great feeling to know who I am and be ok with it.  It's liberating and if that is what age does, than I'm heading in the right direction.

Enjoy a piece of cake for me...

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Rachel! And I agree about liking myself better who I am now, even though I'm not young anymore.

    ReplyDelete