Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 127

My parents' friends were just called on a service mission to Lebanon.  What an awesome time to be on this earth.  I tell you, the places our kids will go, the opportunities they will have.  The opportunities we have right now.  Even just being out of the swing of things for these last 8 days, I realize how much I have, how much I've missed.  I lost my carpool, but now I have time to connect with my son and a new chance to get up with him in the mornings and be present those few short minutes.  The sun was out today and very soon I will be out in it basking like a ginger haired tabby cat. 

In twenty days I will have been married for 15 years.  Look, we haven't made it look easy and there have been times when only the powers of Heaven have saved our rash and feeble hearts, but I tell you what, there is no other man I would rather have.   I watch him with our kids and he is why they are who they are.  He explains gospel principles to me and he makes more sense than anyone else.  I don't know what he's talking about sometimes because its right over my head, but then he looks at me like he's seeing me for the first time and I think maybe I've become someone else, someone gorgeous and arresting and vital and I remember why he turned my head in the first place and that he's got my back.  I've got his too.  I love you, T.  Thanks for feeding me that line.  Glad I fell for it.  xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Aw, love this post.
    15 years is a freakin' big deal.
    Good for the both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet--happy anniversary!

    Did you lose your carpool forever? What happened?

    ReplyDelete