Saturday, December 25, 2010

Day 65

On C's second Christmas I bought a giant piece of plywood and had it cut into 6 large squares.  I painted each square a bright happy color and then painted a different jungle animal on each one.  It took me weeks after he went to bed and there wasn't much room since we lived in my parent's basement at that time, but I remember how excited I was for him to see them.

My tenacity paid off and Christmas morning his eyes were saucers as he gasped in his baby way to see the homemade pictures all over the room.

A couple months later I would be hurt and it would start a journey of pain that made another attempt at such a Christmas surprise impossible.  I have not had another Christmas as good as that one, now 8 years ago...until today.


Until today.  T,C, and little C I love you with all my heart.  Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment