Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day 49

I am up way too late.  Those of you who read my blog before bed will be shocked that it's past midnight and here I am with only a few words to show for the day of writing. 
It has been a very eye opening day.  I have learned a lot about being a parent, about the type of parent that I am.  And its been very sobering.  Sometimes its great to have somebody say to you, this is what I have observed and I don't think you're seeing it.
I knew that my son was struggling this year but I didn't know why or what to do.  I have always put him on a pedestal to be honest and the truth is, that wasn't helping him at all.  I can't always protect him or keep him in a bubble or always soften his falls.  I need to learn how to differentiate between his success and failures and my own.  Dang this parenting thing is hard.  T and I had a great conversation about ways we can help our kids and things that need to happen.  Thank you S for your insight and advice.

Also, a huge thank you for the overwhelming love and support we have received.  Thank you for your calls, your emails, seriously, I love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment