Friday, September 2, 2011

Day 226

Worked more on the novel tonight.  I don't know how to finish this.  I wish I was Zusak.  I want my prose to sound like poetry.  I want every word to drip with meaning and not only am I not exactly clear on my character's motivations, I am less than clear on my own.   With my ghost story, the voice was very clear.  With this novel, I struggle with making each character's voice unique.  I feel as though I am getting better with dialogue, something I've always struggled with.  I still need to get to So. Cal. and walk in these places.  I think it would help, but it isn't essential.  My main character is weak and I don't love her.  The psychopath boyfriend is fascinating to me.  The mother is strong and over the top and missing chunks.  I have mentioned before that she is the key to this story, but I'm still struggling with her character. 
 


Watched Soul Surfer with the kids.  They loved it.  It was a great movie with a great message based on a true story.  I highly recommend it. 

1 comment: