Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 236

I was so grateful for that extra hour of sleep last night.  I am always amazed how there are enough hours in the day.  I have had people's names come into my mind.  Today I just went to see only two.  In the past, I felt like I sometimes have to have something in hand to knock on someone's door.  I don't know exactly what to say and maybe its just about listening.  I know the words will come.  It is a humbling experience.  I find I can't not go.  I know who to see next and then after that.  I also know I have to pace myself.  I was gone three hours today after church and I still have so many others I need to see, but I don't have to go all at once. 

Work is going well at both places, but I am not a receptionist.  It's not my strong suit and I've felt frustrated with myself at little mistakes.  Some people have asked me how I deal with working for the Dr. I work for at my second job.  She is a well known and respected (rightfully so) psychologist.  She is also a hoarder.  It has been an eyeopening experience for me to see how inanimate objects if left unchecked can suck the energy out of the human soul.  I tell people that she needs me.  I don't know if she needs me, but she says she feels calm when I am there and that she seems to feel more clear headed.  She has confided in me that she knows how to understand the complexities of the human brain in her patients and make some life altering decisions, yet she is at a loss dealing with the tiny tasks such as how to deal with the things that have literally eclipsed her life with their trite tentacles.  She cannot throw things away.  She cannot let them go.  They have a choke hold on her, they fill the voids that she doesn't know what to fill with.  I have decided that I will be there for her until she passes away or I do.  It's not about the great money.  Maybe it was at first.  But now there is an opportunity for hearts to communicate without even saying a word.  It's less about what to let go of and more about how to fill up with light, peace, love.  

I know I write infrequently and when I do, I seem to be airing out my testimony, but its where I'm at.  How can I not shout from the rooftops the love I have for my Savior, the mercy He has on me, and how he sustains me and my loved ones for yet another day?  

No comments:

Post a Comment