Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 190

I finally saw the latest Harry Potter.  I liked it.  I didn't expect to like it as much as I did.  It was the pacing.  It was the only movie that didn't feel rushed and glossed over.  Anyway, wasn't it lovely today?  C's soccer team won their game and at the last minute, the coach on the other team tried to cheat.  The whistle had been blown and so C's team stopped playing and then a few seconds later the opposing team kicked the ball in. The other coach got in the ref's face and said that's how they do it in basketball.  C got in that coach's face and said this wasn't basketball, it's soccer.  T ran out to the field to hold C back. 

The other coach was really mad at C because he wouldn't back down.  My 10 year old must have forgotten he was 10.  When he's with adults, I think he really does sometimes forget that.  We are working on that.  I'm ok with a strong passionate kid, but there must be boundaries.  His hot head Italian father and hot head Irish mother are going to teach him how to be steady and calm...any questions?





This is where I keep reminding myself that I know we are supposed to be his and little C's parents.  Humbling.






 

1 comment: